Saturday, April 18, 2020

We are back!

Why hello there, it's been quite some time since I've been able to update this blog.

When I first started this blog years ago, it was because jumping from college to a full time engineering workplace felt completely isolating. The world of engineering can sometimes unfortunately not designed for women - whether that be simple things like bathroom accessibility, to more complicated social constructs. And while this blog served as an echo chamber of kinds, it also helped me have a place to have a voice, and to hopefully reach somebody else who was struggling in need of a community.

I stopped writing because I built a community of fellow engineers and professionals in real life, switched jobs to one I find fulfilling and supportive of my career, and was working long hours establishing my career. And in many ways, I worried that a blog poking fun at silly things in work would impact my career -which didn't seem to be worth the tradeoff. In a weird turn of events, although I'm an "essential worker", the isolation of the Covid-19 pandemic has both provided a respite from my insane schedule and reminded me of the need for a strong community.

So, I've decided to make the best of some of this extra free time and update some posts about life as an engineer, manager, etc., tips for helping you achieve your own success, and some of the hilarious little stories in the mundane parts of life.

If you've got any questions about being a woman in a technical field, or issues you think we should address, please pop a comment down below!

-Vanessa

No comments :

Post a Comment

Share your opinion!